Popular Posts

Sunday 30 March 2014

Pompeii


This review may contain spoilers.

I mean really they just ripped off Spartacus and slapped a volcano in there. I would give Pompeii a 5.5/10.

The fight scenes in this film were very well choreographed and entertaining to watch. I also enjoyed the special effects behind the volcano and the disastrous effects it caused, they looked great.

Kit Harrington, who played Milo, was a strong leading man and I expect that he's got a great career ahead of him. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Atticus, essentially carried this film and demonstrated why he needs to be in more films within leading roles. Kiefer Sutherland, who played Corvus, was nothing short of a wonderful antagonist, he was truly despicable and not something I was used to from Sutherland. Joe Pingue, who played Graecus, I also found funny in a very minor fashion.

However I was not exaggerating when I said this film ripped off Spartacus, the entire plot didn't feel very original so I just couldn't buy it. To be frank the plot was interrupted by the disaster element anyway, nothing was really carried forward.

Carrie-Anne Moss, who played Aurelia, and Jared Harris, who played Severus, both had underwhelming screen presence. Emily Browning, who played Cassia, was a terrible leading lady and seemed emotionless in a great many of her scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment