Popular Posts

Sunday 16 March 2014

Her


This review may contain spoilers.

This film was freaking weird. For me Her was a 6/10.

This film was very well written and consistently original, so I guess there's no faulting the award for best original screenplay. Something else the film really had going for it was it's visual aesthetic, this is probably the most colourful film I've seen in a long time. The cinematography was also wonderful and enthralling.

Chris Pratt, who played Paul, was by far one of the best comedic roles I'd ever seen; incredibly witty and my kind of humour. I really think the best actress in the film was Scarlett Johansson, who voiced Samantha, it was just such a display of how much character you could make out of a voice; grade a acting well and truly.

This film was weird, crude and too bizarre to be considered a good film in my opinion. It really just made no sense and had no satisfying conclusion or story arc. Frankly it should have just pulled a Silver Linings Playbook and ended on a happy note.

Joaquin Phoenix, who played Theodore, was a sub par leading man and I just found him creepy and perverted; he had good scenes but a terrible overall screen presence. Also Rooney Mara, who played Catherine, had this big build up then absolutely sucked in her big scene. Finally Amy Adams, who played Amy, is one of my least favourite actresses of all time and did not fail that reputation in this film.

I hate Amy Adams. So, so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment