Popular Posts

Monday 31 March 2014

Cuban Fury


This review may contain spoilers.

Cuban Fury is a fun comedy that manages to deliver bit not blow away. I would give Cuban Fury a 6.5/10.

Cuban Fury was a comedy I genuinely loved, it had a comic structure of some of the classics that I've enjoyed in my life. The dancing in this was great and really entertaining to watch. Don't even get me started on the music though, the music was perfect. Plus it all flowed perfectly, such a well constructed story.

Rashida Jones, who played Julia, was an entertaining and fun love interest, she did well at the role. Chris O'Dowd, who played Drew, is perhaps the greatest comedic antagonist I've seen in a while; I loved to hate him and he was the best thing to watch. Ian McShane, who played Ron Parfait, surprised me because I have not liked McShane in anything really; but this guy was made for the father figure comedic role. Kayvan Novak, who played Bejan, was by far the best in this film; he stole my breath just as Nick frost stole his. Nick Frost, who played Bruce Garrett, was a great leading man and you really rallied behind him as the hero.

The only problem I had with this film from a story point of view was that there wasn't much of a wow factor, it didn't go out of it's way to impress you.

Olivia Colman, who played Sam, was boring and kind of tired; a weak moral voice throughout the film. Rory Kinnear, who played Gary, was one of the worst characters I'd seen in a while; he came across as homophobic and unsupportive of his friend which completely turned me off the movie at points.

However despite everything there was a Simon Pegg cameo and that was the greatest thing in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment