Popular Posts

Sunday 2 February 2014

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones


This review may contain spoilers.

This was my first Paranormal Activity movie and after being given a brief plot synopsis of the first four beforehand I have a lot of respect for how this one was done. I would give Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones a 5.5/10.

I really enjoy how this film expanded on the mythos of it's already expanding universe in such an interesting way. It also referenced all of it's background in such a very well delivered manner. I also have a lot of respect for this type of steadicam film making as it's by no means an easy way to film and this was so successful in how it was managed.

I have nothing positive or negative to say about this cast. It was some geuine acting and at others it was basic horror film acting so I had no real interest in this cast as a whole.

What I can't stand about these films is the way the editing is done, I know it's how it's meant to look but it's just easy and very simple and it looks it. I also dislike how this film is full of convenient plot points that manage to keep the story limping along to conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment