Popular Posts

Monday 15 September 2014

Before I Go To Sleep


This review may contain spoilers!

I'm not usually a Nicole Kidman fan but this one really aced it for me. I would give Before I Go To Sleep a 7.5/10.

This film had a story that moved in such an intriguing fashion that I was hooked each and every minute. In fact the way this film made you question who was telling the truth and who was lying all by using the narrative of Christine's warped psyche was inspired. I also have to commend the brilliant cinematography and editing which gave this film a sense of the horror genre as well as the ver downward spiral of Christine as she learns more and more about her past.

Nicole Kidman, who played Christine Lucas, did a wonderful job as the lead in this film; I feared for her and I shared in her downfalls and her triumphs and that connection to a character alone is praiseworthy. Mark Strong, who played Dr. Nash, did a great job in a role that was essentially a fantastic red herring.

It was Colin Firth, who played Ben Lucas, that did the most outstanding within this film. He displayed so much pain as a man who constantly had to go through the toil of making his wife remember him. However when he was revealed to be the villain I saw a side to Firth I had very really seen before, this savage man that was so full of malice. I have to say Firth was at his finest in this role.

This film had a soundtrack that did not leave much of an impression upon me. Furthermore the romance aspect between Christine and Nash within this film was a little unnecessary and didn't add much to the overall plot. I also found the time frame of the film and the constant addition of extra details to be a bit confusing and the movie was by no means cleanly constructed in how it delivered information to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment