Popular Posts

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Locke


This review may contain spoilers!

A rather dull and uninteresting car journey and film. I will not be giving Locke a rating as I fell asleep for significant minutes of the film and walked out early, though I encourage readers to view this as an indicator of the film's worth.

I was very impressed with the filming's editing because really it's only the editing that can keep a film this boring alive.

Usually I offer praise to actors within the film but I wasn't impressed by anyone in this film which isn't a big issue as it was a one man led film.

Locke wasn't a well shot film because I felt like I was watching recycled footage, it was the same rubbish over and over again. The story itself was very bland and didn't have any interesting emotional high points nor was there a satisfying conclusion. Frankly this story dragged out what was less than an hour and a half, for a film to do that is laughable to say the least.

Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson, Andrew Scott, Ben Daniels and Tom Holland, who voice Bethan, Katrina, Donal, Gareth and Eddie respectfully, are a terrible supporting voice cast; which is a huge surprise considering the amount of talent in that line up. Furthermore Tom Hardy, who plays Ivan Locke, starts with an incredible performance that makes you think this film just might work...that is until you realise he's just saying the same nonsense over and over and you've been duped into realising that Tom Hardy belongs where he has always belonged in the supporting actor role.


No comments:

Post a Comment